American Saddlebred Association of Wisconsin Scholarship Fund, Inc.
The American Saddlebred Association of Wisconsin would like to recognize the members of the Association and American Saddlebred enthusiasts. Three scholarships will be awarded each year to promote involvement in ASAW and commitment to leadership, sportsmanship and community service.
The applicant must be one of the following:
- An individual membership in ASAW, or a member of an ASAW family membership. High school senior or older.
- An individual participating in an American Saddlebred academy program.
- A 4-H Saddlebred project participant.
- An individual enrolled in a horse science program.
Note: An individual may only be a recipient of scholarship funds twice
Three scholarships will be awarded each year at the ASAW Summer Fun Horse Show. One of these scholarships will be the Melvin and Marion Meyer (founders of Lee-Mar Farm) Memorial Scholarship, in the amount of $3,000 and will be awarded specifically to a graduating high school senior. The second scholarship, the ASAW Scholarship, will be in the amount of $3,000. The third scholarship is offered in the amount of $2,000. The scholarships will be paid to the educational institution of the winners' choice in the first semester following the awarding of the scholarship.
Applications must be received by March 31st. An outside university source will review the applications for selection.
The ASAW Scholarship Fund Inc. invites applications for their three scholarships, which will be granted to eligible individuals, male or female, high school senior or older, for the next school year. Applicants must be planning to attend a college, technical school, or other school of their choice in the year of application and must meet all the requirements for either college, technical school or other school entrance.
Each applicant must submit the following materials:
- A completed application form.
- Transcript(s) of academic achievement.
- A paragraph (on a separate sheet of paper) explaining the applicant’s interest in the scholarship.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or administrator.
- A letter of recommendation from an ASAW member, affirming the applicant’s contribution to the ASAW, OR
- A letter of recommendation from the participant’s 4-H program leader (if applicable), OR
- A letter of recommendation from an American Saddlebred Academy instructor (if applicable).
All scholarship application forms, transcripts of academic achievement and letters of recommendation must be mailed to:
- Mary Markwiese
ASAW Scholarship Fund, Inc.
2840 North 84th Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53222
Applications must be postmarked on or before March 31st. Applications and letters postmarked after that date will not be eligible.
Scholarship recipients will be notified on or about May 15th. Upon notification of the award, the student will provide to the Committee a confirmation of college acceptance. Scholarships will be paid in the name of the school upon enrollment for the following fall semester. Recipients must inform ASAW how the school wants this check made out. Applications will not be considered unless all items are submitted.
Download application PDF here.